Got Drugs?

I don't know which is worse, the downgrade and free fall in the economy or the downfall in health care.  For the life of me I just can't understand why so many in medicine are clinging to dying dictates.

Earlier today I wrote a comment about the problem with soy for menopausal complaints. Every time I read one of these reports I feel the hair rising on the back of the neck on millions of women who are at a disadvantage.  They either don't ask any questions, or they are afraid to ask any questions.

I bet its the fear, but worse are the outrageous responses flowing frequently from the lips of their doctors.

"If soy doesn't work the we can give you SSRIs and/or gabapentin (Neurontin) for your troubles."

You can read this and see my comments -

Soy No Help for Bone Loss, Hot Flashes

And if this doesn't make you mad as hell then how about this one -

Antidepressant Scripts Often Lack Diagnosis

And this one comes from the premier pill pushers, PCPs, and even some shrinks too!

Now maybe you get a sense of why I created Health Forensics and why I'm planning to change course and write crime stories.  

In the interim, I am willing to teach my new method to health care providers, if they think they can handle the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment